Passion, Exploration, Desire, Education…
Fine Art Since 1962
My studio occupies the entire basement of our old farmhouse. Over the past four decades, I have gathered and organized a treasure trove of potential assemblage. This space is my paint box. There are works in progress everywhere to pick and choose from.
am constantly generating new projects. Everything is in a state of becoming. I am spontaneous, experimental and prolific. The old and new morph and interweave.
My assemblage process centers on the recruitment of found objects liberated from past functions. They are reconfigured in a combination of whimsy, concept and symbol. The work is often unified by areas of representational and abstract painting.
In 1962 I began producing fine art and continue to explore with an ever growing passion for the process.
- 1962 – 64 Art Institute of Miami. Full Scholarship
- 1962 –64 University of Miami – Two Art Scholarships
- 1966 Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Summer Course
- 1964 – 68 Philadelphia College of Art, BFA Illustration, Partial Scholarship
- 1968 – 70 Freelance Illustration, New York City
- 1970 – 72 North American Publishing Co. – Art Director/Designer/Illustrator
- 1972 – 73 WPHL-TV Channel 17, Philadelphia – On Air and Promotional Artist
- 1973 – 74 The Drawing Board Studio, Lancaster, PA – Staff Artist
- 1974 – 75 Theodore Schwalm Co. – Lancaster, Pa – Jewelry Design/Watch Dial Production
- 1976 – Present Dream Framer Custom Picture Framing and Gallery, Owner
What we see is the result of our human biological evolution. What is out there, ask any physicist, is a happenstance of atomic and molecular activity, fleeting and impermanent.
Our selfness is a gift that we can direct and develop. By peering into the universe within, we may also seek the silent world of spirit.