Creating Art has been my touchstone for over a half century.
My studio occupies the entire basement of our old farmhouse. Over the past decades, I have gathered and organized a treasure trove of potential assemblage. This space is my paintbox. There are works in progress everywhere to pick and choose from.
am constantly generating new projects. Everything is in a state of becoming. I am spontaneous, experimental and prolific. The old and new morph and interweave.
My assemblage process centers on the recruitment of found objects liberated from past functions. They are reconfigured in a combination of whimsy, concept, and symbol. The work is often unified by areas of representational and abstract painting.
What we see is the result of our human biological evolution. What is out there, ask any physicist, is a happenstance of atomic and molecular activity, fleeting and impermanent.
Our selfness is a gift that we can direct and develop. By peering into the universe within, we may also seek the silent world of spirit.
In 1962 I began producing fine art and continue to explore with an ever-growing passion for the process.
- 1962 – 64 Art Institute of Miami. Full Scholarship
- 1962 –64 University of Miami – Two Art Scholarships
- 1966 Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Summer Course
- 1964 – 68 Philadelphia College of Art, BFA Illustration, Partial Scholarship
- 1968 – 70 Freelance Illustration, New York City
- 1970 – 72 North American Publishing Co. – Art Director/Designer/Illustrator
- 1972 – 73 WPHL-TV Channel 17, Philadelphia – On Air and Promotional Artist
- 1973 – 74 The Drawing Board Studio, Lancaster, PA – Staff Artist
- 1974 – 75 Theodore Schwalm Co. – Lancaster, Pa – Jewelry Design/Watch Dial Production
- 1976 – Present Dream Framer Custom Picture Framing and Gallery, Owner